The client is a leading Swiss manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products. They are a group of experts from various fields who excel in every aspect of the value chain, from sourcing raw materials to producing exquisite chocolates. As a business-to-business company, they cater to the global chocolate industry, serving large-scale and local chocolate manufacturers, as well as professional users like chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers.
However, the client faced several challenges due to their geographical dispersion and language barriers, making it difficult to provide consistent and effective Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) training to their workforce.
Seeking expertise in developing engaging and interactive custom eLearning courses, the client approached Learning Everest. They wanted to transform their existing instructor-led HSE training programs into eLearning courses while adhering to a limited budget. Learning Everest stood out with their innovative content curation solutions, competitive pricing, openness to client ideas, willingness to execute the client’s vision, and quick turnaround times.
The client engaged Learning Everest’s services to convert their instructor-led HSE training programs into eLearning courses. The content aimed to foster empathy and inclusive organizational behaviors, creating safe and productive working environments. The client’s goal was to reach a larger audience and make specific training sessions mandatory for employees and new hires. Before designing the eLearning courses, Learning Everest, in collaboration with the client’s subject matter experts (SMEs), conducted a thorough training needs assessment. The assessment identified the following key findings:
- Lack of standardization: Existing training materials varied across different production sites, leading to inconsistencies in HSE knowledge and practices.
- Language barriers: The diverse workforce spoke multiple languages, posing challenges in delivering standardized training programs.
- Compliance issues: Incidents related to HSE non-compliance highlighted the need for a more robust training program.
- Mode of training: The existing instructor-led training lacked standardization, interaction, adaptability to diverse learning styles, and incurred high costs for organizing and coordinating sessions.
To address the client’s requirements, Learning Everest devised a comprehensive solution. They aimed to retain and adapt the activities from the instructor-led courses in the eLearning format while ensuring a seamless transition and engaging learning experience. To achieve this, Learning Everest chose Articulate Storyline 360 as the primary tool.
The eLearning courses incorporated the following key components based on the needs assessment:
- Multilingual approach: The courses were developed in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, and German, enabling employees to access the training content in their preferred language.
- Interactive courses: Interactive elements such as videos, quizzes, and case studies were integrated into the courses to engage learners actively.
- Compliance focus: Courses dedicated to HSE guidelines, emergency response procedures, and environmental regulations were included. They emphasized the importance of compliance and provided practical tips for maintaining a safe and eco-friendly workplace.
- Real-world scenarios: Real-world scenarios relevant to the chocolate manufacturing industry were incorporated to enhance practical application. Learners were encouraged to analyze and respond to these scenarios, developing their problem-solving skills in HSE contexts.
- Assessments: The courses featured end-of-course assessments, allowing learners to evaluate their understanding. Additionally, learners received feedback to reinforce their learning and understand the rationale behind specific exercises. The final eLearning courses provided a multi-hour immersive learning experience, ensuring high levels of retention and effectiveness.